[Flisol-br] Evitar compromisos ruinosos [ Richard Stallman ]

Rodrigo Robles rodrigoaugustorobles em gmail.com
Sábado Janeiro 16 15:08:11 BRST 2016

Vale lembrar que no cabeçalho do artigo tem links para tradução para muitas
línguas, inclusive português.

Este trecho deixa claro a posição do Stallman sobre o opensource:

" The philosophy of open source presupposes and appeals to consumer values,
and this affirms and reinforces them. That's why we do not support open
source."

Este trecho também é bastante esclarecedor:

" For instance, experience shows that you can attract some users
to GNU/Linux
 if you include some nonfree programs. This could mean a cute nonfree
application that will catch some user's eye, or a nonfree programming
platform such asJava
 (formerly) or the Flash runtime (still), or a nonfree device driver that
enables support for certain hardware models.
These compromises are tempting, but they undermine the goal. If you
distribute nonfree software, or steer people towards it, you will find it
hard to say, “Nonfree software is an injustice, a social problem, and we
must put an end to it.” And even if you do continue to say those words,
your actions will undermine them."