Fwd: "rails3: script/quick-start that actually works, and Debian packages!"

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Tue Apr 29 12:24:55 BRT 2014

FYI

----- Forwarded message from Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br> -----

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:10:13 -0300
From: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
To: noosfero-dev at listas.softwarelivre.org
Subject: rails3: script/quick-start that actually works, and Debian packages!

Hello all,

I have just pushed some updates to the rails3 branch so that:

- ./script/quick-start works correctly on a clean Debian wheezy system

-  I was able to build Debian packages that seem to work

Please note that:

- these packages packages are *experimental*, so do not install them on
  production systems yet (or do it, on your risk. You have been warned)

- the rails3 branch is still based off the 0.46.x code, and so are the
  packages.  When the rails3 branch is merged into master and updated to
  the current code, so will be these experimental packages.

So here is how you can test these packages: the installation
instructions are pretty much the same as the official ones, but from a
different, temporary repository, and have to be done on Debian 7
(wheezy).

- Add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://people.debian.org/~terceiro/noosfero-wheezy-backports/ ./

- Run the following command to add our archive signing key to your APT
  security database:

$ wget -O - http://people.debian.org/~terceiro/noosfero-wheezy-backports/signing-key.asc | sudo  apt-key add -

(the aforementioned key is my personal key)

- Update your packages lists:

$ sudo apt-get update

- Install Noosfero:

$ sudo apt-get install noosfero noosfero-apache

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres

----- End forwarded message -----