flameware for nothing...

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Thu Jul 26 13:57:11 BRT 2012

Daniel Tygel escreveu isso aí:
> Hi all,
>
>    I'd like to express a critics and suggestion: why is a formal page on
> "formats" state that "RDF sucks" (sic)???
> http://noosfero.org/Development/RDF
>
>    And then, in the formal "JSON" format, there is a bible-like
> statement: "JSON is the best way to expose data for a third-part
> automation system. Always consider to generate JSON over a XML based
> format, or over a poor CSV table. * XML can be easily replaced by JSON;
> * In a browser we can only use JSONP in a cross-site API usage. * There
> is a fat-less lib for r/w JSON for every language used for building real
> apps.": http://noosfero.org/Development/JSON
>
>     This really doesn't help to discuss anything. Creating flameware out
> of ***nothing***, when the really important matter is not the format
> itself, but the options, vocabularies and ontologies which will be used.
> Are the profile data to be organized using FOAF or ORG ontologies? This
> is what matters here!

Those pages have been written by someone who has opinions, and in the
case of the RDF page it was even a signed statement.

Those opinions do not reflect those of everyone. You can just edit the
wiki and remove them, if you think that makes the documentation look
more professional.

>      And it's not discussed anywhere: How is noosfero going to provide
> means for making data available in a structured way???

There are no specific plans for that yet, as far as I know.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres