Application Controller methods exposed as actions

Bráulio Bhavamitra braulio at eita.org.br
Fri Aug 2 14:58:49 BRT 2013

Hello Noosfero developers,

There is a problem that everytime I see I get worried about it, as it might
have security implications. I've already submitted a merge request that
fixed it, but fix was removed after the merge.

The problem is that the methods in ApplicationController are not declared
as protected (or private) so they become actions for all other controllers.

http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem2472

The fix is simples, just add one line: put protected keyword in the
beggining of application_controller, as it is an abstract controller.

best regards,
bráulio

--
"Lute pela sua ideologia. Seja um com sua ideologia. Viva pela sua
ideologia. Morra por sua ideologia" P.R. Sarkar

EITA - Educação, Informação e Tecnologias para Autogestão
http://cirandas.net/brauliobo
http://eita.org.br