New release schedule proposal

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Mon Aug 12 13:48:13 BRT 2013

All right, let's try to constrain our discussion to a healthy
horizontal level ok?  =D

I see the importance of Daniel's proposal in the sense of some form of
community validation of what's supposed to be incorporated on the main
code. On the other hand, I also think that defining what should be
released on the version (with all the previous explained details) before
everything is just not practical (specially due to the need of a
meeting). It also may paralyze or postpone features that were developed
after the initial meeting (or that couldn't be present on it) that even
might be better written and more important than every other one
previously approved.

So my proposal is:

    Every feature that wants to be included on the main code should have
    a post on the main list (noosfero-dev) with the link to the AI
    (which must be as complete as it can get) and should wait for X days
    (X to be defined) in discussion on the list about it's validation on
    the main code¹. No news means good news, so if nobody comments that
    would mean approval. This discussion might also increase the
    priority of a feature over the others in case we have resource
    (time, people, etc;) limitation to release them all. If no consensus
    is reached after the defined time, the main stream should decide
    it's destiny.

With this procedure we still have the community validation but without
the constrains of defining everything before hand. What do you guys think?

¹ It's important to notice that after this discussion this feature is
not automatically on the release since this process may happen even
before any code review and it might not be completely reviewed in the
release time.

--
Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> :: 55 71 8131-7714
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres