0.45.0 Released

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Tue Dec 10 17:56:23 BRST 2013

Hello everyone,

Today the first release following the new scheme of releases was
released (long live redundance!). That is the version 0.45.0. In this
version we were able to keep it up for testing through an entire month
before its final release.

I'm sure we'll probably still have problems but perhaps a little less
now. Even if the testing and review of this version wasn't really
intense, at least we're on the way to that.

So starting today the master is thawed and ready for new features again.

This is also the start of the 0.46.0 version. And I decided, at least
for this version, to shorten the development cycle by a month because we
already have a lot of features reviewed as you can see on the branch
"next" (https://gitlab.com/noosfero/noosfero/commits/next) and I want to
avoid gigantic versions. So its freeze is scheduled for 13/01/2014 and
it's release date for 10/02/2014.

Since I already talked about the "next" branch, for those who doesn't
know, we created this branch in the need of reviewing code during the
freeze. Since it turned out to be a good experience, I decided to make
it an official branch. So during the development cycles, the "next"
branch will be just the same as the master branch, but during the freeze
it'll have new features that are going to the master branch after the
freeze. (After writing so many "next" with quotes to avoid
misinterpretations, I'm also starting to consider change this
name...suggestions?).

I guess that's all.
Hope you enjoy the news!

--
Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> :: 55 71 8131-7714
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres