Domains in Noosfero loose login info. Any solution for that?

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Thu Jul 25 19:22:05 BRT 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 04:42:53PM -0600, Daniel Tygel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>    Today, when you're logged in in Noosfero and go to a community or
> enterprise that has its own domain, you loose your connected status
> because the cookie cannot be "exported" to the new domain...
>
>    It's quite bad for the user, because he/she might have to log in
> again, and loose his/her personal menu on the upper right corner.
>
>    Does anyone of you ever thought of a solution for that? Is there
> any Action Item for this problem?

It's a known issue, but I am not sure it there is a bug report already.

What happens is that cookies are not shared between domains. When you
are logged in cirandas.net and visit foo.coop.br which is the domain of
a profile inside cirandas.net, your browser will not send the
cirandas.net cookie that identifies you, so you appear as a not
logged-in user.

It's possible to fix that by using something like a Single Sign On
solution, but it requires quite some effort and nobody cared enough
about that yet to write or fund a solution.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres