Doubts about how change a block plugin's position from an area to another

Fábio Teixeira fabio.opensoftware at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 15:54:15 BRST 2013

Hello guys, we in UNB team are developing some block plugins, however this
blocks cant move from an area to other.

So we take a look at the blocks code and saw that, if we put the block name
in "Box.acceptable_center_blocks" and "Box.acceptable_side_blocks". It
works but, its a plugin and we shouldn't insert this code on noosfero's
core.
Then we saw the method "extra_blocks" inside the plugin lib. That could
make it, however it also didn't work.

We tried this first:

  def self.extra_blocks
      {
        <plugin name> => { :position => [1,2,3] }
      }
  end

Then this:

  def self.extra_blocks
      {
        <plugin name> => { :type => boxes_holder.class, :position =>
[1,2,3] }
      }
  end

But any one worked.

So if someone could help us, we would be grateful.