No type definition on plugins' settings type

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Wed Oct 30 15:26:44 BRST 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:01:51PM -0300, Bráulio Bhavamitra wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Noosfero::Plugin::Settings doesn't allow type definition. This is a huge
> problem: imagine that you use a form and have a check box (boolean type).
> The boolean type will not type cast from the string "false" to false, and
> when the variable is checked it will be considered true, as if "false" is
> considered true!
>
> Any suggestion on how to fix that?

using act_as_having_settings on top of that?

e.g. (untested)

class MyPlugin < Noosfero::Plugin

  def settings
    @settings ||= Noosfero::Plugin::Settings.new(profile, self)
  end

  acts_as_having_settings
  settings_items :my_checkbox, :type => :boolean
end

maybe this could even be streamlined to avoid plugins having to
duplicate this pattern

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres