Integrate noosfero with etherpad-lite

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Wed Sep 4 19:27:31 BRT 2013

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 12:09:48PM -0600, Daniel Tygel wrote:
> I only think that this could also be done in Noosfero
> (some nice feature is there, working 100%, not affecting any other
> implementation of noosfero, but needs a better solution to be made
> afterwards when there are ressources for it). I think it would be a
> more motivating policy in noosfero.

More motivating to who?

There was a code review, the correct implementation was pointed out to
you, but you won't change the code (for whatever reasons, it doesn't
matter). Taking code that was pointed out as being wrong is not
motivating to me.

BTW it is already possible to embed pads *today* without any change to
the code:

http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro/test/pad-embed

> PS2: I totally agree that forking is bad, for all of us. It's
> terrible. We're not forking. We'll still try to contribute. But this
> feature is good, and is working fine in cirandas in production mode,
> and we don't have now the means to make it the way it would be
> accepted in noosfero. So is life. :-)

We need to accept this as being normal. Downstream projects will always
have to balance the effort to push their changes upstream against the
effort of maintaining their diff by themselves.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres