Plugin install file

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Thu Sep 5 14:13:27 BRT 2013

Hey everyone,

We just added to our plugin infra a support for an install file for the
plugins. The reason we included it is that some of our plugins require
some further steps after activation to actually work and we want to be
able to test every plugin (in an automatic way) without necessarily
understand what it needs to be ready to run.

For so, we included the support for a *install.rb* on the plugins root
directory. This file is required after the plugin activation and would
ensure that after ran, the plugin would be ready for (at least) the
development and test environment.

Now we just added this file for the plugins that do need this further
steps just with: raise "Not ready yet!". This avoids these plugins to be
enabled and allows the plugins tests to run without breaking anything.
Until we completely replace these "Not ready yet!"'s, you might locally
comment it to enable and disable these plugins.

As will also only release 0.44.4 after we implement these guys
installation properly and we ask for help of everyone to haste and
verify the process.

Further information can be found here:
http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem2776

That's all

--
Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> :: 55 71 8131-7714
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres