Merge requests?

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Wed Sep 18 18:31:29 BRT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 05:30:11PM -0300, Bráulio Bhavamitra wrote:
> a) it is _one_ possible very efficient way to work. in minutes the team may
> evaluate many merge requests, and this collective opinion have more force
> than individual's ones.

In my experience a code review of a substantial change is *not*
something you can do in minutes. It requires attention to detail and
careful consideration of several issues, which is not something you can
do with several other people talking to you.

For those who are not coders but will be helping with testing a change,
it's also not something you can do in minutes. You need to compare to
how the system worked before and how it works after the change, evaluate
is that's better from the user point of view, take notes, etc.

Having different people reviewing different changes in their own time
and in a quiet environment is a more productive use of everyone's time.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres