Noosfero 1.0 released

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Mon Dec 22 14:52:31 BRST 2014

This release is a big milestone for the Noosfero community. For this
release we went through all the trouble that is upgrade to a new major
version of Rails (3.2). Noosfero is a rather large application, and is
around since the times of Tails Rails 1. There are a lot of code that
was written before several facilities currently provided by Rails were
available. It was though, but we finally got here.

More than 40 people from several different organizations have
contributed to this release. We are grateful to each one of them, whose
names are listed in the "Shortlog" section below.

The reference platform for Noosfero 1.0 is Debian 7 (wheezy), and
packages are available from
http://download.noosfero.org/debian/wheezy/. A source tarball is also
available from this very page.

There is a lot of work in front us yet. To be able to stabilize this
1.0 we stopped integrating new features in the last months; now we can
community has been working on, and look forward for new awesome
releases.

A long shortlog, plus download links at
http://noosfero.org/Development/NoosferoVersion01x00

More on how development will go on in the next few days, or in the worst
case very early in 2015.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres