Reconsidering the solution of AI896

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Wed Jan 22 18:42:23 BRST 2014

Hey Daniel,

I talked with Braulio via chat about this problem today. I told him that
we already have an almost done infra to support custom display options
for blocks, which would solve your problem of showing this block only on
the catalog very easily using the blocks display options. So I wrote the
code and included on top of Aurélio's work. Now the
ProductCategoriesBlock as an extra option 'Display on catalog only' on
it's display options and it's the default option. The code can be seeing
here: https://gitlab.com/diguliu/noosfero/commits/product-categories-block

Nevertheless, I think your idea is also useful independently of this
problem. So keep the request up on our tracker so that we may include
it.