Reconsidering the solution of AI896

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Wed Jan 22 19:55:24 BRST 2014

Hi Daniel,

This problem of the catalog page breaking with 3 columns layout is an
old problem. Even though Aurélio's patch mitigates this problem (by
setting the default products per page to 6 which works on both layouts),
I indeed think that we need a better solution to this (your solution
seems nice).

But, as I talked to Braulio, this is a new feature, not a fix to the
feature being included. Aurélio's feature waited for 7 months
(unfortunately) to be reviewed and that's why it gained the attention to
even have new code now developed to make it work all right.

I believe that it might be valid to allow this request to "cut" the line
because it solves nicely a problem related to the merge-request being
reviewed. But note that this is a privilege. We can't allow this to be
the standard. That'd be unfair with other developers.

Before reviewing your patch, I took a quick look on the request and I
missed some tests (like a test for the new helper and for changes done
on boxes_helper), can you guys update the request with the pertinent
tests due to your changes?