How moodle authenticate with Noosfero

Ewout ter Haar ewout at usp.br
Wed Jan 22 20:29:06 BRST 2014

The Stoa plugin implements a webservice that, given a username and
password, returns some information about the noosfero account (if the
username/passwd combination is correct).

On the moodle side, I implemented an authentication plugin. This plugin
sends the username / passwd to the noosfero webservice and, if
authenticated, logs the user into Moodle. You can see the code here:
  http://git.atp.usp.br/moodle.git/tree/refs/heads/stoa24:/auth/noostoa
(I am not a professional developer, please get someone to look at the code
before you deploy it on your site).

So, it is not the case that Noosfero users can authenticate with Moodle:
only the opposite direction is possible: we authenticate against the
Noosfero user base. Of course, this is not SSO, only single password.

It should be easy to write authentication plugins for other software. Or to
make some Noosferos authenticate against another Noosfero. But I don't
think that would be a good federated login solution.

Ewout

http://social.stoa.usp.br/ewout <http://stoa.usp.br/ewout>
F. 30916696