always assume good faith

Ewout ter Haar ewout at usp.br
Wed Jun 18 15:35:01 BRT 2014

I have two points about this discussion:

1. Agreed that one particular "procedure" is not the point. But there is no
one correct way every free software community should work. Many times I
have the feeling people invoke "this is the way free software works and you
shouldn't question it". The point is that every stakeholder must be heard,
that everybody feels they are working toward a common goal and that there
is some kind of conflict resolution. I think Colivre should assume the
responsibility of a neutral referee and that Rodrigo is doing a good job
(although the paid work that Colivre really does makes a neutral point of
view more difficult, or at least it colors the perception.)

2. I think we should stop having this english forum, and admit that the
only contributors express themselves much better in Portuguese.  Sure, it's
the "free software" way to have a dev list in english, free software is a
global thing, etc., but my feeling is that is hurts communication more than
that it helps some non-Portuguese developer. But maybe there are really
such developers here, in that case, forget about this suggestion.

Ewout