Fwd: "Was AI2928 discussed in the list?" (daniel tygel)

daniel tygel dtygel at eita.org.br
Thu Mar 20 13:03:23 BRT 2014

Hi Joenio,

Now I understood the ajax mechanism of adding the categories: it's just
great! The problem I saw and that made me worry is the way they are now
ordered, one by side of the other. So it makes me suggest the following:

- Have the categories hidden, as you proposed. Ok.
- When the user clicks at the "+" button, he/she sees the list in the
form of a tree (like it's today), and not like a tags cloud. The tags
cloud is quite confusing for the users that are not used to internet and
computers, as is our case, so they like the extended list, one item per
line, in a tree-way
- When a user chooses a category, the tree is hidden and the new
category is added to the list, as you already did (this is the best of
your proposal, in my opinion, since it shows clearly which categories
were chosen).

Maybe the tree-list can have an html in a way that your theme will be
able to make it look as a tags cloud in your implementation, and leave
as default (applications.css) the tree-like list, one item per line.
What do you think?

Another thing: do you plan to limit the number of categories that can be
chosen in each of the category types? This is an old needed feature for
cirandas: many people simply takes all categories in each type! So if
the admin could limit the maximum number of categories to be chosen, it
would be great.

Regards,

daniel