Proposal: adapt languages to international standards (i18n)

daniel tygel dtygel at eita.org.br
Sat Nov 22 09:42:51 BRST 2014

Hi all,

    We are preparing Cirandas to be adapted to international metadata
standards, and we had several issues because Noosfero uses non-standard
nomenclature for languages. Normally, languages must be defined by the
language and the country, such as pt_BR, pt_PT, pr_CI instead of pt.

    We would like to know if you would see problems if we migrate
noosfero to use these standards. For the moment, we are using symbolic
links in the po folder.

    Should we proceed and propose a merge request, or is there someone
who thinks that this won't be good for noosfero?

    We are trying to upgrade cirandas today to rails 3 + responsive....
tension in the air :-)

        daniel