Noosfero 1.1 delayed, and thoughts for the 1.2 cycle

Leandro Nunes leandronunes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:07:03 BRT 2015

Perfect ideias

> I am thinking about how to mitigate this for the next cycle, and
> considering changing the rules to include stuff like:
>
> - no MR can be merged without a passing CI run
>   - this will involve a certain effort to setup proper CI runners that
>     integrate with gitlab (yes I am aware of the tests the Braulio
>     recently did but still didn't have the chance of setting up a
>     runner)
> - commits that break the tests get imediately reverted, no matter what.
> - people who break the tests twice in less than N days lose their commit
>   rights

It's really complicated not assume, by definition, that the master code is
a reliable version, where all the tests are passing.
Of course, at times some tests can fail in an environment and not fail in
another, but for now almost everytime we get the master code it has failing
tests and we have to consider in our development process only not break
more tests than was already breaking before.

--
Dois Axé!!!

-----
"Comece fazendo o que é necessário, depois o que é possível e de repente
você estará fazendo o impossível."
                                   São Francisco de Assis
Leandro Nunes