noosfero | awesome icon theme broken on default noosfero theme (#40)

dtygel gitlab at gitlab.com
Wed Feb 11 11:52:35 BRST 2015

New comment for Issue 40

https://gitlab.com/noosfero/noosfero/issues/40#note_852000

Author: dtygel

Hi all,

   Our idea was to have awesome as default for responsive. In Cirandas, for example, we only use awesome in those themes that are responsive. Those that are not responsive are still using tango. We don't see why we should do this effort to have awesome for the legacy non-responsive infrastructure. What we would like to have is a fully responsive noosfero, which works totally well for non responsive themes in the same environment. This we tested, and a lot, and didn't break.

    So, what we recommend is that we strive to transition to the responsive paradigm, which will work perfectly well in non-responsive themes, as you can see in cirandas.

    As an example, look at a responsive and a non-responsive community:
Responsive: http://cirandas.net/cirandeiros
Non-responsive: http://cirandas.net/bem-da-terra

    You will see that the buttons, form elements and icons are all legacy in the non-responsive case, and don't break.

         daniel tygel (EITA)