noosfero | layout: remove tag on metadata_plugin (e99db083)

dtygel gitlab at gitlab.com
Mon Mar 16 13:54:30 BRT 2015

New comment for Commit e99db083

https://gitlab.com/noosfero/noosfero/commit/e99db083e4bb10047cc8b543bbc5151abbe36372#note_977229

Author: dtygel

Terceiro,

    Well, then at least the "description" tag should not simply be the "environment.name". This screws the metadata plugin. I think the metadata plugin should become the core for metadata in Noosfero. Have you looked how it's built? We did a deep study to allow really meaningful tags for all different types of content in Noosfero, treating them differently.

     So, if we can not remove the "description" tag from core, it should at least be a real description, not the environment name.

     Our suggestion: let's remove this from core for now, and discuss how to make important parts of the actual metadata plugin become the "bare minimum" set of metadata in core. What do you think?

           daniel