noosfero | Noosfero API (#500)

Rodrigo Souto gitlab at gitlab.com
Wed Mar 25 13:30:12 BRT 2015

New comment for Merge Request 500

https://gitlab.com/noosfero/noosfero/merge_requests/500#note_1012522

Rodrigo Souto

I agree that it's cleaner but it's also less powerful. In fact, I'm not completely sure, but think that participa's API is a subset of Aurélio's API. I also prefer the architectural concerns with extensibility that Aurélio's API shows specially considering Noosfero's ecosystem. The design is very scalable and is closely related with plugins.

I think Aurélio's API is much more complex because it doesn't use any external lib to deal with "API concerns" like participa's API. My suggestion is that we merge participa's API into Aurélio's API.