noosfero | Request to be added as a committer (#220)

Antonio Terceiro gitlab at mg.gitlab.com
Wed Oct 19 15:26:51 BRST 2016

New comment for Issue 220

https://gitlab.com/noosfero/noosfero/issues/220#note_17165824

Author: Antonio Terceiro

I don't remember anyone else who was doing code reviews before being given commit access.

TBH I think we don't need this level of scrutiny before adding new committers. There are some people arguing that anyone who takes the time and effort to make a non-trivial contribution and have it accepted should be given commit access right away. The argument is that someone who goes through the process of getting a non-trivial change accepted in the project most probably cares enough about the project to be trusted commit access. Since we already have the policy of requiring code reviews for non-trivial changes even when they are proposed by people with commit access, maybe we could experiment with that.

This podcast has a very interesting discussion about this: https://changelog.com/rfc/7