noosfero | Stretch 2 (!1365)

Rodrigo Souto gitlab at mg.gitlab.com
Tue Dec 26 11:47:21 BRST 2017

Rodrigo Souto commented on a discussion on Gemfile:

>  end
>
>  gem 'rails',                    '~> 4.2.4'
> -gem 'fast_gettext',             '~> 0.9'
> -gem 'acts-as-taggable-on',      '~> 3.5'
> -gem 'rails_autolink',           '~> 1.1.5'

I don't like to keep external packages as well (especially because I'm the one packaging them) but I don't think including dependencies back on the code is a better solution. It bloats the source code, makes maintaining the dependencies a pain in the ass and also makes us a lot more susceptible to monkey patching.

Maybe it's time for us to consider a common and more sustainable way of deployment for Noosfero beyond Debian?

---