[Landell] SLTV on Arch

Alfrex alfrex at riseup.net
Tue Aug 18 00:41:45 BRT 2015

Thanks Luciana!

El 17/08/15 a las 21:05, Luciana Fujii escribió:
> On 17/08/15 22:56, Alfrex wrote:
>> Luciana, Marcelo:
>>
>> Thanks, seem that due to package names variations (relative to
>> dependencies) or python versions installed on Manjaro can't get run
>> Landell.
>
> The name of the package shouldn't matter. Landell won't check for
> packages, but for .pc file if it needs it which should be the same in
> all distributions, or it will try to use a library or an element and it
> will fail if that is not installed. Maybe the problem is because your
> distribution doesn't ship some software anymore, Landell master version
> uses very old gstreamer which is unsuported.

Manjaro use both, gstreamer 0.10 and 1.x

In AUR (Arch User repository) the available version of Landell (until
AUR migrated to git) was 0.91 (SLTV), hosted on sltv.holoscopio.com.

SLTV was ok on Manjaro, but AUR use a package build file in which states
dependencies and maybe paths or specifities of the build, but it doesn't
exist anymore in AUR.

> You can try to 1.0 branch (I assume you're getting the source code from
> github?), it's ported to a more recent version of GStreamer, it has some
> issues, but it uses a supported version that is shipped by modern
> distributions.

Just now, that you comment it, I know there another new versión of
Landell (I known Debian repository have Landell 0.92), but now know
there's a branch of Landell 1.0 :)

>> I'll keep on trying.
>>
>> Landell is a great software, I'll be attentive if the development goes
>> on, maybe I can colaborate in something like testing. In México we're
>> using Landell to stream workshops, events, etc.
>
> Thanks! I'm glad to hear that. If you try the 1.0 branch and reports
> bugs, that helps the development a bit.

Of course, but first I've to resolve the dependencies problems, the
error now says this (branch 1.0):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/landell", line 25, in <module>
    import landell.ui
  File "/usr/local/lib/landell/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    import factory
ImportError: No module named 'factory'

(With versión 0.92 get the same error than 0.91, about not module named
gtk).

Anyway, I'll keep trying.

> Regards,

Regards