Problem with Debian package's interaction with mail server

Josef Spillner josef.spillner at tu-dresden.de
Fri Oct 26 12:23:32 BRST 2012

Hello,

One of my scripts installs the oldstable (lenny) package of Noosfero along
with a debootstrapped basic Debian installation in order to generate a small
live demo VM. This process has worked flawlessly since its inception about two
years ago on my machines.

Recently, I've had to work in a changeroot environment to run all of these
scripts on a foreign system. This system runs a Postfix server which is not
under my control. It appears that as opposed to the Exim server normally
present on my systems, it rejects emails immediately and hence lets the
Noosfero package installation fail when the template user email is about to be
confirmed.

Is there something which can be done in the short term about this issue, such
as catching this exception in the Noosfero code, or even some configuration
hint without modifying the package?

If the stable (squeeze) package doesn't have this issue, I might as well
upgrade to it, although I'd like to keep the changes to the VM build scripts
as non-invasive as possible for the time being until the next release.

See below for the installation failure log.

Josef

"mezuro_plugin_metrics_pkey" for table "mezuro_plugin_metrics"
   -> 0.0258s
== 20101209151640 CreateMetrics: migrated (0.0260s)
===========================

(in /usr/share/noosfero)
rake aborted!
550 5.1.1 <noosfero_template at template.noo>: Recipient address rejected:
template.noo

error encountered populating database:
/usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/noosfero/install/pgsql exited with non-zero
status
dbconfig-common: noosfero configure: aborted.
dbconfig-common: flushing administrative password
dpkg: error processing noosfero (--configure):
 noosfero