Problem with Debian package's interaction with mail server

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Sun Oct 28 06:33:47 BRST 2012

Josef Spillner escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> One of my scripts installs the oldstable (lenny) package of Noosfero along
> with a debootstrapped basic Debian installation in order to generate a small
> live demo VM. This process has worked flawlessly since its inception about two
> years ago on my machines.
>
> Recently, I've had to work in a changeroot environment to run all of these
> scripts on a foreign system. This system runs a Postfix server which is not
> under my control. It appears that as opposed to the Exim server normally
> present on my systems, it rejects emails immediately and hence lets the
> Noosfero package installation fail when the template user email is about to be
> confirmed.

Don't you mean the opposite (postfix is fine with the invalid address
and exim chokes generating an exception)? At least that is what I have
experienced.

> Is there something which can be done in the short term about this issue, such
> as catching this exception in the Noosfero code, or even some configuration
> hint without modifying the package?

Since you don't have control of the MTA, you could

> If the stable (squeeze) package doesn't have this issue, I might as well
> upgrade to it, although I'd like to keep the changes to the VM build scripts
> as non-invasive as possible for the time being until the next release.
>
> See below for the installation failure log.
>
> Josef
>
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "mezuro_plugin_metrics_pkey" for table "mezuro_plugin_metrics"
>    -> 0.0258s
> == 20101209151640 CreateMetrics: migrated (0.0260s)
> ===========================
>
> (in /usr/share/noosfero)
> rake aborted!
> 550 5.1.1 <noosfero_template at template.noo>: Recipient address rejected:
> template.noo

> error encountered populating database:
> /usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/noosfero/install/pgsql exited with non-zero
> status
> dbconfig-common: noosfero configure: aborted.
> dbconfig-common: flushing administrative password
> dpkg: error processing noosfero (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  noosfero

This has been fixed in the git repo (both stable and master branches),
but did not make into a release yet: Noosfero won't try to send emails
to the fake addresses given to template profiles.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres