Doubts concerning ActionItem#1011

Daniel Costa Bucher daniel.bucher88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 22:35:56 BRT 2013

Hi everyone,

2013/8/2 Ana Luísa Losnak <analosnak at gmail.com>

> Hi guys,
>
> Daniel(UnB) and I are working on AI#1011 (
> https://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem1011 ) and, talking with
> Terceiro, some questions appeared(Terceiro already mentioned some of them
> on AI page) and we would like your help:
>
> *- No reference to proprietary software (for example, Skype)*
>
> *- If there's the "default language" field, should we change
> automatically the user interface's language? If yes, do we have support for
> that? The user could then choose from a couple of languages(the ones we
> translated)?*

I think it'd be cool to have a dropdown with the languages for which
Noosfero has translation, and an 'other' option for other languages. If the
user chooses one of the translated languages, then the interface's language
would change to match it.

> *- What about the profile image? Should it always be optional and active?
> What the field "image" on person fields represents?*
> On person fields, there's a field called image, that is inactive even when
> there is the option to upload a picture when editing profile. We didn't
> understand what happens there.
> Also, we think the image should always be active and optional.

My understanding is that the 'image' on the manage_fields page is the
profile image. The thing is, as default, it is marked as not active, but on
the edit profile page there's an area for editing the profile picture
anyway. When we mark the image as active, there's no change on the edit
profile page and  if we mark the checkbox to include image on the signup
form, nothing happens aswell.

In my opinion, the image field should always be active, thus the checkbox
'Active' should remain marked on the manage_fields page and should be
disabled for editing. What's missing here is add the option to add the
image area on the signup page. Is that right?

> *- How do we proceed to correct/add translations?*

The doubt here is, how to we handle the translation process? Since we addes
extra fields to a person's form, some of them need translation. Do we go
ahead and do it for the languages we know? Do we submit the patch without
translation and post the fields in need of translation somewhere else?

> @Daniel, did I miss something?

 I can't remember of anything else for now, I think that's about it.

> best regards,
> Ana

Daniel Costa Bucher
Engenharia de Software