A loomio plugin to Noosfero as alternative to forums?

Bráulio Bhavamitra braulio at eita.org.br
Thu Aug 8 09:55:39 BRT 2013

It is quite a good (but tough) to think on how existing rails applications
may become noosfero plugins.

After looking to the source code (https://github.com/loomio/loomio) I went
to see its dependencies (https://gemnasium.com/loomio/loomio).

Basically, it would certainly depends on noosfero rails 3 migration, plus a
number of other gems (see the gemnasium link), which now we just can't
rely, as noosfero can only depend on debian packages. Loomio uses postgres
as noosfero does.

Even with if we had gems dependencies, a number of other issues would
appear. The first I would think would be user and permission structures.
For permissions loomio uses the cancan gem, which eventually could be of
use for noosfero togheter with access_control.

The only option left today is to study and reimplement their idea inside
noosfero and its forums.

best regards,
bráulio

--
"Lute pela sua ideologia. Seja um com sua ideologia. Viva pela sua
ideologia. Morra por sua ideologia" P.R. Sarkar

EITA - Educação, Informação e Tecnologias para Autogestão
http://cirandas.net/brauliobo
http://eita.org.br