Some help understanding the profile wall

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Fri Aug 30 17:10:46 BRT 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:00:57AM -0600, Daniel Tygel wrote:
> Hi Terceiro and others,
>
>    It was more an introductory help to know what profile wall
> "means" (conceptually),

So conceptually the wall is stream of activities, which might be scraps
(Scrap) or action tracker records (ActionTracker::Record). Generating a
feed from this stream should not be hard.

>    I thought that number 1 could be quite straight forward, like to
> add some piece of code to enterprises that are already there for
> communities and persons. Pointing out those pieces would help me
> understand what does it involve to create an enterprise wall.

It is straightforward. check app/views/profile/index.rhtml, there its is
hardcoded to only add a wall to people and communities. Since you are
adding a wall to enterprises as well we should probably remove that
check and always render a wall

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres