Integrate noosfero with etherpad-lite

Daniel Tygel dtygel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 17:32:17 BRT 2013

Hi Terceiro and others:

    It's not a set of obscure ifs buried everywhere. It's a tinymce
plugin. And by itself (no in noosfero!), it works like this: if the init
of tinymce doesn't give a pad URL, it's not initialized. So, as Terceiro
said, it's of by default. It doesn't change anything to those who don't
want it working in their website.

    As you can see at the code I sent in the other message, we've just
installed a tnymce plugin, like there are other intymce plugins already
installed. So the merge request touches three very precise areas:

1. few lines in the initiatilzation of tinymce in
app/views/shared/tinymce.rhtml
2. the copy of the tinymce-etherpadlite-embed plugin
(https://github.com/dtygel/tinymce-etherpadlite-embed) inside the folder
public/javascripts/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins
3. the configurations of this plugin in environment.rb.

     Is there a problem in item 3? If so, do you have a better idea? I
wouldn't like to have the plugin's settings directly in tinymce.rhtml.

     If there were an infrastructure that allowed a noosfero plugin to
add a tinymce plugin, then I'd agree with Terceiro.

     Thanks,

         daniel