Integrate noosfero with etherpad-lite

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Thu Aug 29 23:07:39 BRT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 07:25:47PM -0600, Daniel Tygel wrote:
> Hi Ewout,
>
>    These are very good points. We installed our own pad server
> because of that. It's http://pad.eita.org.br . And we also have the
> liberty to say whatever we want to the user in the moment that the
> pad is created. Right now our message is quite simple (welcome! and
> some bare instructions), but it might be interesting to give this
> warning to the user.
>
>    About the possibility of an admin to turn it off from the web
> administration page: not yet. It's in the environment settings, and
> can be changed by console only. But I think that a functionality
> like this is rather a deeper decision than something we can be
> turning on and off all the time.... anyway, it's sure that the
> functionality will be much better when the admin can turn it on and
> off from his/her interface. But many other funcionalities had their
> first versions without this possibility (like for example the
> trusted sites for iframe or the categories) before a later version
> implemented it as another configuration option for the admin.
>
>     Do you think that the lack of this on/off from web admin
> interface is a blocker for us to merge to noosfero?

if it's off by default it shouldn't be a problem

although at this point I thought we had an agreement that optional
features should be plugins instead of yet another obscure option that you
can check in the administration + yet another if statement buried
somewhere in the code (or worse, several if statements buried in several
places)

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres