Integrate noosfero with etherpad-lite

Daniel Tygel dtygel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 22:25:47 BRT 2013

Hi Ewout,

    These are very good points. We installed our own pad server because
of that. It's http://pad.eita.org.br . And we also have the liberty to
say whatever we want to the user in the moment that the pad is created.
Right now our message is quite simple (welcome! and some bare
instructions), but it might be interesting to give this warning to the user.

    About the possibility of an admin to turn it off from the web
administration page: not yet. It's in the environment settings, and can
be changed by console only. But I think that a functionality like this
is rather a deeper decision than something we can be turning on and off
all the time.... anyway, it's sure that the functionality will be much
better when the admin can turn it on and off from his/her interface. But
many other funcionalities had their first versions without this
possibility (like for example the trusted sites for iframe or the
categories) before a later version implemented it as another
configuration option for the admin.

     Do you think that the lack of this on/off from web admin interface
is a blocker for us to merge to noosfero?

         Greetings!

               daniel