Migration from Gitorious to Gitlab

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Fri Dec 13 16:05:25 BRST 2013

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 02:46:15PM -0300, Rodrigo Souto wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> It's being more or less a month that we created a cloned repository on
> gitlab due to some problems and limitations we were having on gitorious.
> After this time of experimentation, we decided that gitlab works well,
> is easier to use, have features gitorious doesn't have and also seems to
> be more promising right now.
>
> Therefore we are migrating our official repository to gitlab. From now
> on, our repository on gitorious is closed for new merge-requsts but
> we'll review all the requests made there until today.
>
> We recommend that all of you create an account and a personal clone of
> noosfero on gitlab.
>
> I'm still updating the informations on our wiki that references
> gitorious and this work might take a while since there are lots of
> pages.

Cool - thanks for pushing this change and I hope it makes it easier for
people to contribute.

Some food for thought: unlike gitorious, gitlab supports issues
(bugs/features), so we could start thinking about dropping our hand-made
foswiki-based bug tracker in favor of using issues on GitLab ... I am
certain that this will make everyone's life even easier by reducing the
number of different tools we need to interact with.

Besides issues, GitLab also supports milestones, so having the list of
issues solved for each release will be trivial.

I would be interested to hear what others think about this.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres