[feature-proposal] Forgot password improvements

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Wed Nov 6 17:10:47 BRST 2013

Aurelio Heckert escreveu isso ai:
> Em 05-11-2013 19:45, Ewout ter Haar escreveu:
> >On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> wrote:
> >
> >>The user A has a cpf 123 and the user B as an rg 123. There is the
> >>plugin X that includes de verification by cpf and the plugin Y that
> >>includes the verification on rg. When the user A try to recover his
> >>password, he might, depending on the inner logics, be confused with the
> >>user B.
> Right! This is a big problem, but my proposal is to let the admin to
> select the search columns. We can believe the human eye will not
> make the conflict as the blind plugins... or not. :-p

I don't see how this solves the problem. I have plugin X and Y on my
environment and they inevitably conflict with each other (rg and cpf).
The admin would just remove one plugin's field from the search
regardless the fact that he might want people to recover their password
by both fields?

> >If the logic than sends two reset-emails, one to user A and one to
> >user B, the worst that can happen is that user B will be annoyed, or
> >confused.

No, in fact the user B would change the password of the user A.

--
Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> :: 55 71 8131-7714
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres