[feature-proposal] Forgot password improvements

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Tue Nov 12 16:42:59 BRST 2013

Hey Ewout, I see that you are really upset about the divergence here on
the list about this issue but I hope you see, as I do, that there is no
reason to be.

Although in your mind it's completely clear that the "two-emails-thing"
and the "information-leakage-stuff" are really small related to the
usability issues associated, it might not be clear on other people's
mind (specially when those minds are computer scientists' minds).

See, I still think that the select field is much better than all of
these options, since I don't think selecting which field you want to use
is really a hard task at all, specially considering all the other
problems we are finding to remove it. But I saw that my opinion was
overwhelmed by everyone else so I just respected that and tried to find
and help with other solutions (as a matter of fact I was already
developing the solution we had agreed until Aurium disagreed). That's
what collective decision is all about, back and forth until a final
point.

The other point I have to make is this continuous "Colivre's against us all
thing". When we discuss on the list, we don't unite on the background to
come up with "Colivre's unified point of view (coincidentally being
always against the opinions of the community)". These are just Rodrigo,
Caio, Aurélio, Terceiro and whoever; speaking out their minds. Of course
in some too large cases (like that one you-know-which) we must define
Colivre's (as a organization) point of view but on 99% of the cases is
just us, individual people with their own opinions.

I really like all the communication we can have today that allows all of
this discussion. I thought this feature, as an example, wasn't even
needed to be discussed since I thought it was just so simple, but Ewout
himself convinced me to put it up for discussion and I got surprised
with all the divergent opinions everyone had about it. And this is
great, although tiring some times. But if we want to continue developing
in such environment, we must get used to have people disagreeing with
us and talk in the most clear and reasonable way (avoiding sarcasms and all
these aggressive stuff that just mess up the discussion).

(I hope I'm not sounding condescending, I just don't see why we should
go attacking each other instead of respecting each ones ideas and try to
argument and get to an agreement).
--
Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> :: 55 71 8131-7714
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres