Is there some news about making catalog allow the sideblocks?

daniel tygel dtygel at eita.org.br
Tue Oct 1 09:52:28 BRT 2013

Hi all,

Since Colivre decided to change the catalog, destroying the menu
sideblock, we're having lots of issues about its usability by many
enterprises in Cirandas, as already discussed in this list some months
ago. At that time, Rodrigo said that it was a problem that Colivre had
done this without consulting the community, and Aurium proposed a
solution described in AI 2602, in which the catalog would become a
block, and in that way it would be able to have other sideblocks as the
enterprise's menu. This would be a perfect solution
(http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem2602).

But since then, nothing has been done.

So I ask you: is there someone on it? If not, and therefore there is not
going to be a solution on the problem created with the new products
catalog, wouldn't it be better to just do a downgrade to the situation
we had before? At least the visitor won't get lost when he/she arrives
at the catalog.

The provisory solution of letting a "homepage" link in the products tree
was to be a provisory solution, not a definitive one.

Thanks,

daniel

--
           .