Released Bugfix Version 0.44.4

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Mon Oct 7 14:24:09 BRT 2013

Hello everybody,

Today we released another bugfix version. On this version we have a
nice major change. From now on the default development and test
environments on Noosfero will use Postgresql database. We fixed all¹
broken tests and upgraded the quick-start script to prepare the
development environment with Postgresql database.

Regarding plugins, we included a new infra support that allows plugins
to implement their own installation. This installation should be done on
the install.rb file and it should prepare the plugin to run at least on
test and development environment. For further information on how to do
that take a look here:
http://noosfero.org/Development/PluginsArchitecture#Dependencies_and_Installation

Still speaking about plugins, we also added infra support for those core
class extensions. Now you don't need to manually include your core
extensions, just put them inside lib/ext and everything will (or should
=D) work normally. For further information on it check this out:
http://noosfero.org/Development/PluginsArchitecture#Extending_core_classes

That's it!
As you already know, for more informations:
http://noosfero.org/Development/NoosferoVersion00x44x04

¹ There are some tests breaking on specific system environments and
we're working on them now.
--
Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> :: 55 71 8131-7714
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres