Integrate noosfero with etherpad-lite

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Tue Sep 3 23:09:08 BRT 2013

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 07:32:04PM -0600, Daniel Tygel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     Now we have a good "Noosfero Community Exercise": How are we
> going to decide if this AI
> (http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem2787) with this code
> (https://github.com/CIRANDAS/noosfero-ecosol/pull/26/files) will be
> accepted or not to noosfero?
>
>      I can say, from the cirandas' usage point of view, that having
> a way for people to directly write collectivey a text online is a
> very interesting differential for collaborative work. Facebook
> doesn't offer that. I ask you please to see it working in
> cirandas.net
> (http://cirandas.net/cirandeiros/empreendimentos-cirandeiros), or
> simply look at the screenshots: you click at a button in tinymce,
> and there is a pad ready, inside a forum, for example, where all
> meetings can be recorded and edited and consulted.
>
>       Terceiro says: we don't want anything new in environment.rb,
> so this feature is only interesting if a new infrastructure will be
> built to allow the addition of tinymce plugins as new plugins.
>
>        Daniel says: we have developped something that can already be
> applied to the final users, and can make a difference for noosfero,
> and is not activated by default.
>
>        What next? How should we proceed? If you want, I can create a
> loomio voting process. Or any other means?

You are mixing up two issues here.

One thing is whether the feature is useful. We all agree it is.

Another issue is the fact that the way the feature is currently
implemented is not acceptable for inclusion. You solve that, the feature
gets in. It's that simple.

Leandro and Rodrigo already said that it could be implemented as a
plugin easily (for some value of "easy"), so I don't think there is an
issue anymore.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres