File visualization

Leandro Nunes leandronunes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 22:53:50 BRT 2014

Hi guys,

On the inclusion of the FilePresenter, we also changed the visualization
> of common files to instead of direct download the file, display a
> content page with the file title with a link to download the file and
> the file description.

Is this  really necessary?
I think that a file is just a file. Why wh need to display a content page?
The usability it's really sucks with this :(

> Braulio arguments that to download directly the file is easier and better
> for the user while Aurelio arguments that the page visualization
> provides useful information now (title and description) and might have
> other meta information in the future.

Solve the problem of the future in the future.

> So Aurelio proposed that we
> include a download button on the control panel to files so that the user
> may download the file directly without the need to see this meta
> information page.

I think it's better make a configuration in profile's page for the
community choose the way he wants to display the files.

Everybody I asked on Serpro hates this behavior

> What do you think of this?
> Here are the arguments of this debate:
> http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem3142

What is the correct AI? :)

By the way this AI3142 is fantastic :)

Thanks

--
Dois Axé!!!

-----
"Comece fazendo o que é necessário, depois o que é possível e de repente
você estará fazendo o impossível."
                                   São Francisco de Assis
Leandro Nunes