File visualization

Leandro Nunes leandronunes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:25:00 BRT 2014

Looikng for my emails i received notification about ActionItem3119 in  29
april, 01 may, 06 june, 7 june.

The procedure Daniel showed doens't works. Look at this.
  1. New AI must be created, with sufficient information (not only title
but some description)

What is sufficient? It's an abstract concept. So this is a big problem.

Look theses ActionItem made by eita.
http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem3168
http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem3169
http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem3149
http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem3156
http://noosfero.org/Development/ActionItem3101

They are clear enough?
For me no.

Did you saw me crucify Braulio or Eita because of this?
No. You will never see that.

Because I believe he made his better with the time he had.

This is what I assume.

2. A message with the proposal is sent to the list

Any of these ActionItem was sent for the list?
I look for them here I and didn't found anything.

3. If in 1 week there is no negative reaction, then everything is ok. If
there are reactions to the proposal, it should be discussed before sending
the code, so that the developper doesn't spend time developping something
that won't be accepted. This discussion would be done by the list until a
common consensual solution would be found.

If it wasn't sent to the list this step couldn't be done ok?

4. When the developper concludes the code and makes merge-request, it
should be put as a link to the code in the AI page.

This was done.

Theses ActionItem is just some of them that I found quickly here.
Of course there is a lot of ActionItem like this.

So. Eita doesn't follow his "own procedure" and Eita wants everybody else
follow It.  Really?

I am not criticizing Eita because they don't follow the procedure. All the
ActionItem that I am interest  I saw the ActionItem description and I make
a comment there. Simple like that.

Things are more natural that some people think.
The ActionItem creation is a way that the project found to make public some
ideas about something.
Some developer could make an excelent contribuition for the project without
make an ActionItem and because He doesn't follow the procedure we will not
accept. Is this that you propose?
If a developer do that He made an risk option beacuse his contribuition
could not be applied depends on how intrusive it is.
In other  words the ActionItem creation is a good practice to make your
contribuition be accepted more quickly.
The more intrusive the contribution is greater the need for explanation and
detail, sometimes with videos and/or prototypes.
If something 'wrong' is accepted by the core team It should be changed and
It is not the previously discussion in the list that will avoid that these
things happen.
It is important to say that I think all active noosfero developers create
the action item before code creation and they naturally put some
description about what will be done. Of course that some mistake could be
done, but I think procedures have to be emphasized always and We could not
crucify people because something wrong happens because we put people away
from the project discussion.
If you insist with something that doesn't work just because is what you
think is a good practice you will just make people not respect everything
you say.
First of all you have to convince people that something you think is
important after that you could request people to work like you propose.
Please do that based in solid arguments not based in a community meeting
certainly at lest half of the active developers don't participate of it for
different reasons.
Free software doesn't works with only "presencial" meetings.
I don't think if you pay attention carefully but We have this discussion
recurrently. This is because some people accept that procedure like an
absolutly truth write in stones just because is convinient as argument in a
discussion.

That procedure never exists in fact.

Wake up people. You will not change a way how free software ever works
proposing a boring way based on more works for developers to apply
improvements or fix bugs.

If you guys want's to live a ilusion go ahead.
I am off ;)

PS: I will not waste my time with this loop discussion anymore.

--
Dois Axé!!!

-----
"Comece fazendo o que é necessário, depois o que é possível e de repente
você estará fazendo o impossível."
                                   São Francisco de Assis
Leandro Nunes