File visualization

Daniela Feitosa danielafeitosa at colivre.coop.br
Thu Jun 19 15:34:31 BRT 2014

Hello,

On 04-06-2014 13:41, Rodrigo Souto wrote:
> On the inclusion of the FilePresenter, we also changed the visualization
> of common files to instead of direct download the file, display a
> content page with the file title with a link to download the file and
> the file description.
>
> Braulio arguments that to download directly the file is easier and better
> for the user while Aurelio arguments that the page visualization
> provides useful information now (title and description) and might have
> other meta information in the future. So Aurelio proposed that we
> include a download button on the control panel to files so that the user
> may download the file directly without the need to see this meta
> information page.
>
> What do you think of this?

I didn't like to be redirected to a page with information about a file
when I clicked on a file. I expected to download it :(

Before the FilePresenter, there was already two links for images:
1 - http://environment.domain/profile.identifer/image.png
the user would download the file

2 - http://environment.domain/profile.identifer/image.png?view=true
the user would see the image thumbnail with the profile layout

I think that it's "ok" to have a page with information about the file,
but this page should not be displayed when the user clicks on "image.png".

Besides that, this change broke all profiles and environments that used
the image link on header, footer and blocks.

--
Daniela Soares Feitosa
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres