always assume good faith

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at colivre.coop.br
Thu Jun 19 21:48:24 BRT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 04:09:21PM -0300, Bráulio Bhavamitra wrote:
> About procedure, a very important thing must be noticed:
> ==The real procedure that *is working* for Noosfero was proposed almost
> exclusively by Colivre team.==
>
> The procedure EITA and others (and not only EITA) are proposing is trying
> to change *a bit* that because we see it is not working well in some points.
>
> Terceiro, I, besides Daniel in EITA, propose something different.

> Summarizing, I think Noosfero is following a very bad model, which is not
> applied in many free softwares, and that is a centralized model based on
> one corporation, *which of needs to be payed for this model to work*.

I feel we are trapped in an infinite loop. We already discussed this
several times and we do not agree. In my opinion this is just not true,
but you keep insisting on it.

The "centralization" is very limited since the _only_ actual
centralization is the final code acceptance, and that is only
centralized because nobody else wants to help with the steps that are a
pre-requisite for that but and could be done by anyone (still, Colivre
is the only one reviewing and testing code from others).

> I think that is a very bad reality of some "free software", and I saw
> many times that it led to many problems, including *project
> deterioration and forks*.
>
> I've already proposed a less rigid and descentralized like we see in
> many successful free software.

And still didn't had convince others that it would bring any benefit.

I think if there are people that are we willing to make the effort
necessary to do a better job at managing the project, they should feel
free to fork and create something better. If you can't convince others
that your way is the better way, you are free to take the current state
of the code and follow your own path. IMO that is a feature, not a bug:
a very good way of knowing that something is better than something else
is *actually trying* that something else.

Of course, it is much better to actually help and contribute to the
existing project by doing the work that most people don't do.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at colivre.coop.br>
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres