0.46.2 Released

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Thu Mar 20 11:54:24 BRT 2014

Hello,

Ewout ter Haar escreveu isso ai:
> 1. Should it be possible to downgrade to the previous version after an
> incident like this? apt-get install noosfero=0.46.1 did not work (although
> the package is still there in /var/cache/apt/archive). But maybe after a
> botched migration it really should not be possible? But that means that the
> admin is left without a site. Is there a way to force the downgrade?

Migrations run inside transactions, so if any of them crashes the
database gets back to its previous state before the migration. There is
also a case where an irreversible migration causes the data to be
inconsistent. This is also solvable since the package creates a backup
of the database before running any migration. So the downgrade should be
possible in either cases. If you had problems to downgrade, this was
probably a fault of the package, that entered a failed state and blocked
any upgrade or downgrade.

> 2. If I had known (I should have informed myself better) that there were
> migrations involved, I would have hesitated. Maybe the package can be
> configured to issue a warning (like the MTA warning) if there will be
> migrations and ask for confirmation. In that way, a simple bug-fix release
> could be distinguished from one where there are irreversible migrations.

I think this is a good idea.

> (Speaking of dialogues during the installation: it is pretty unnerving that
> one slip of the finger can wipe out the whole production database during
> the upgrade: as I understand it, that dialogue asks me to "Wipe your
> database? Yes/No". )

This too.

--
Rodrigo Souto <rodrigo at colivre.coop.br> :: 55 71 8131-7714
Colivre - Cooperativa de Tecnologias Livres