AI3031 - new feature in core without discussion in the list

Rodrigo Souto rodrigo at colivre.coop.br
Wed Mar 26 18:43:17 BRT 2014

Hello everyone,

Nice feature! I couldn't take a look at the code yet, but as far as I
can understand, it would be nice indeed to have this feature discussed
on the list. Nevertheless, it's too early in the community to expect
100% commitment to this kind of culture.

Also, I think that new infras on the core doesn't necessarily need to
work perfectly for all situations (even though that's what we search
for), after all, it's a new infra. Sometimes there are limitations of
resources and it's better to just take the first step towards the ideal
instead of just wait until we're able to do the whole thing. I'm not
against including half-done infras as long as they don't harm the rest
of the code.

If that's not that much work to make the infra work for every block, I
think interested developers can contribute to make it happen. If not,
it can wait until someone is interested enough.

I like the idea of the blacklist to the cases that might not work and be
too hard to fix.