Making a single helper for modals in Noosfero

daniel tygel dtygel at eita.org.br
Fri Oct 3 10:05:09 BRT 2014

Hi all,

    We are concluding our proposal of a responsive noosfero. We've
already finished all buttons, icons, blocks, forms, and we ended the
usage of prototype. Now we are tackling on MODALS.

    In Noosfero, we find 4 helpers for modals: colorbox, lightbox,
thickbox, fancybox (this one to zoom images). Besides being a helper,
they are also being called in some views and in javascript.

    We are proposing to unify all these helpers to a single one called
"modal". We want also to clean all views that put directly a class to a
modal and make them call the helper. And we want to look at the
javascripts that call modals and make them all call this modal.

    The modal we are proposing is *colorbox*.

    Is anyone against we doing it and making a merge-request?

    This change is needed for us to be able to have a helper calling the
bootstrap modal.

       Thanks,

             daniel