noosfero | Login - Show a message if a user is not active (#656)

Bráulio Bhavamitra gitlab at gitlab.com
Wed Aug 19 18:36:37 BRT 2015

New comment for Merge Request 656

https://gitlab.com/noosfero/noosfero/merge_requests/656#note_1927320

Bráulio Bhavamitra

The problem is using the exception message (which BTW should not be translatable) as the final message to the user. I've noticed that the message could not help the user because of this approach. The use of exceptions itself is good!
So, I just would NOT use directly the exception's message, translate it, and show to the user. The exception message is something for the developers.

I see the message is much better now, and it is enough for now. I completely agree that more than this would be another work.

One last thing, could you please scope the exception inside the User model or let it unscoped and prefixed? It seamed strange to have this exception into a global noosfero context and not specific to the user model.