noosfero | Move vote infra from plugin to core (#589)

Leandro Nunes leandronunes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:08:52 BRT 2015

Hi Daniel,

>    Leandro, thanks for clarifying. The MR title is misleading: it says
> that vote infra will be moved to core, which means that **something new**
> will be made to core, in terms of functionality. It would be better to
> phrase it as "Provide better vote funcionality", something like that.

Words always make the things confused, because of this we have the code to
make the things clear :)

>    Victor, I think you didn't understand what I meant: of course, making
> adjustments to something already existing is ok. But creating new
> functionalities in core must be discussed. This is absolutely not wasting
> time. It's better to be sure that something is good to everyone than having
> to refactor it later. Remember that a merge request should wait at least
> one week before being merged by the code owner if he/she is a commiter. In
> this case, the merge request was done and committed immediately, and I
> understood from the title that it was something new. If it isn't, as
> Leandro said, then ok.

Daniel new functionalities not necessarily have to be discussed.
If the commiters evaluate that it's interesting for the project we have no
problem with that.
Of course some functionalities have big impact for the users so It's
prudent to be discussed before, but it's not a rule.
You guys push a lot of code with a lot of new functionalities into master
branch and noone discussed it before. There is no problem with that.
We only have a problem with code made without quality.
Quality means at least make some tests for the new functionality and verify
if all other tests are passing with your modification.
"The master branch MUST have all tests working ALWAYS." This is the golden
rule.
We could make some mistakes, but we could not admit that this is a routine

BTW, Victor made the code and I reviewed It.
I think you are confused.

Thanks

--
Dois Axé!!!

-----
"Comece fazendo o que é necessário, depois o que é possível e de repente
você estará fazendo o impossível."
                                   São Francisco de Assis
Leandro Nunes