noosfero | Document process for changing dependencies (#756)

Leandro Nunes gitlab at mg.gitlab.com
Mon Jan 4 15:07:16 BRST 2016

New comment for Merge Request 756

https://gitlab.com/noosfero/noosfero/merge_requests/756#note_3109886

Leandro Nunes

I do not agree.
The motivation of @terceiro for this was the last commit made by me where I added a new dependency of sprockets-rails looking only for the debian testing version.
So this limitation is only needed because of the debian dependencies that is an taboo in Noosfero project. Is it an taboo yet? (It's not the question at this moment)
What is the problem to add a new dependency if all the tests are passing and it's really needed to make a feature works? I think there is no problem. So what is the true problem?
If Noosfero project must follow stable version of debian packages and I don't think we will obligate everybody to test the changes in the debian system we could work to have an integration system to test if everything works in debian too. I am pretty sure if we had something like this nothing of this was happening.
Put only the release manager this responsability is not the good way to make sure that all things are working in debian.
So I do not agree to put this responsability to the release management. It's worst if someone have to wait indefinitely (without a time box) to take your changes accepted